Monday, November 7, 2011

A Life to be Thankful for! Day #7

    Today I want to share my thanks for my husbands new job.  Today is a day to celebrate here as Mike started a new job today!  Although there wont be any formal celebrating as we will have to wait until Mike's first paycheck.  Before getting this "new" job Mike had been at the same company for the past 7 1/2 years.  As we have always thanked God for the jobs that we have/had considering the economy; we also prayed for opportunities for Mike to find a new job.  Although he was at his old job for a while it was more out of comfort, I believe.  For so many reasons Mike deserved more than what his old job was "willing" to offer.  I'm so excited for him as I can tell how much he has lit up since receiving this new job.  A real self esteem boost after being treated like he could get no better by his old job and having a few rejections in the job search.  Anyways....we are hoping this new chapter in our lives will bring great changes!  So thankful for the opportunity Mike is getting....so thankful for jobs in this economy! 
I cannot wait until he gets home this evening to tell me all about his first day! 

Inspired by Thanksgiving
(sorry for the lack of pictures in this post, couldn't locate an appropriate one!)

3 comments:

  1. You are right--just having a job is something to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations again to Mike! I have to agree that just having a job is something to be thankful for...and having a job you love/enjoy is an extra blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Mike on the new job. I know how much having a change of pace can improve a person's perspective. I'm really happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete