Monday, October 24, 2011

Peepee in the Potty!

    Although my son is just 18 months old we occasionally sit him on the potty as a way to introduce him to going potty.  Whenever he peepees in the potty whether it's by accident or on purpose we make a big deal about it so he sees it's a good thing.    He has peepeed in his potty on several occasions so you might think....well go ahead and potty train him.  The issue we have is that even though Gregory is 18 months old he doesn't really talk and I feel that potty training would be a lot easier if he were able to tell us when he had to go potty.  I also realize that there will be many of you that believe he should be potty training at 18 months anyways but I assure you he isn't ready to be full on potty training and this is okay since the national average for potty training these days is 3 years old.  I'm shooting more for 2 1/2 years old unless of course Gregory is ready before then....but no matter when we decide to potty train I do not want it to be a fight.  I've helped potty train two children in the past year around 2 1/2 years old and they just picked up on it like they had been peeing in the potty all their lives!  I hope to have that kind of success with Gregory.  Anyways........when Gregory does successfully peepee in his potty he gets a special treat which consists of a few M&Ms usually so I've decided instead of having to run to the kitchen to fetch said treats I want to craft up a jar to keep close to the potty for these celebrations.  I've come to a little issue in deciding what to put on the jar.  I have 3 little sayings that I would like help choosing between....and hey, if you have other cute sayings I would love to hear them!!




1. Gregory's Potty Prize

2. Gregory's Potty Party

3. Do the Potty Dance (and Gregory's name will still be somewhere on the jar)



Inspired by Potty Training

2 comments:

  1. I can't think of a catchy title, but my vote is #1. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you are the only one who voted on here and I got 2 votes on FB, one in which agrees with you. A few people thought Gs Potty Prize would be good...but I'm thinking useing "Gregory" would be better b/c Gregory needs to see his name spelled out...I think it would be good for learning purposes....so I am going with "Gregory's Potty Prizes!"

    ReplyDelete